TU-58

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 3 08:25:41 CST 2015

> Thanks ..
>       That helps.
>
>   1. The hub measures about 11mm so I should be able to get a 10mm
>        bore hose on (warm it up a bit might help) .
Yep.

>   2.  What type of glue is best?
I use 2k but in the past I used PU-glue, both works fine.

>   3.  You can see how thick the old one was but yours seems a little
bigger?
It's important the tape cassette presses both switches but doesn't reach the
bulkhead (right name?).
The tape cassette is spring loaded and needs a little room to move (<1mm).
Put an tape without cover (just the ground plate) in the drive and you can
measure the distance between the drive wheel and the capstan ad a little
(about 1mm or less) and got the thickness of the rubber.
There is enough tolerance in the electronics, so you have room to
experiment.

>   4.   From what I have seen on the list the actual outer diameter is
> 0.625 inches.
   I calculate that as 15.9 mm, looks good to me.

-Rik