TOP POSTING

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Thu Dec 10 05:48:50 CST 2015

> On 12/09/2015 10:42 PM, Mike Stein wrote:
>> [...untrimmed quote...]
> So just to be sure This is the correct way to post??

No.  Bottom-posting with untrimmed quoting is only marginally better
than top-posting with untrimmed quoting.

The correct thing to do is to trim quotes for relevance and reply to
each piece inline, as I'm doing here.

> in my online gmail i dont get all the rest just the reply I will have
> to look at the settings i guess.

I once had occasion to use gmail at work (I know, I know), and I don't
recall it being hard to get the whole message, including the quotes, to
edit.

Of course, gmail could have broken their interface since then.  If they
make it impossible to edit quotes for relevance, then they have no
place in civilized email, like any other MUA with that property.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org