[cctalk] Re: TOP POSTING

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:53:34 CST 2015

On 10 December 2015 at 20:42, Rich Alderson
<RichA at livingcomputermuseum.org> wrote:
> [...]

Um. I don't know what that means. In UK English, "pikey" is a highly
offensive pejorative term for a person of Gypsy or Romany origin, or
these days, more generically, a person of very lower-class origins:
"trailer trash". I am guessing you didn't mean that. :-)

So, what, it means I'm very young? I'm fine with that, given I'm nearing 50. :-D

> My e-mail archives extend back to the 1970s, stored on 9-track mag tape
> (with slight interruptions for job changes--learned that lesson after a while).
> Oh, ;-)

I had some too -- I never preserved my old DOS-based OLR/email program
Matrix. :-( I only have emails from when I switched to a Windows
client onwards. :-(

But in 1970, I was 3. I got my first email account at 15Y old, at
University. Didn't keep those, either. :-(

> On the subject line topic, I read this list via an Exchange/Outlook setup,
[...]
>  Simple.  Quick.

This must be some strange new usage of the words "simple" and "quick"
that I wasn't previously aware of.

[To paraphrase Douglas Adams.]

ObEditWar: I'm still trying to learn ErgoEmacs, but damn it is hard to love...