Display-less computing

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 13 12:46:40 CST 2015

At CDC Sunnyvale ops back in the 1970s, we had a blind programmer
working.  His job output came as punched cards and he had no problem
reading them by feel.  I remember him and his beautiful guide dog.

In the same sort of spirit, I recall that one of the secretaries used a
monitor-cum-camera affair to enlarge her work documents so that she
could read them.

It's sad that early corporate efforts to accommodate all people, no
matter the impairment, aren't better documented.

--Chuck