Mystery IC: Allen Bradley 314B102

Lawrence Wilkinson ljw-cctech at ljw.me.uk
Mon Dec 14 08:06:48 CST 2015

On 14/12/15 13:12, tony duell wrote:
>> Can anyone give me a clue as to the purpose and pinouts of an Allen
>> Bradley 314B102??!!
> First guess, it's not really an IC, it's a resistor array. Either separate resistors
> going across the chip or resistors all commoned to the highest numbered
> pin (which may well be +5V).
>
> I would secondly guess that '102' means 1k (10*10^2)
>
> -tony

I agree, especially as it looks like pins 8-14 are commoned
to the power?-plane.

I wondered whether P1,P2 and P3 could be decoding PROMs
to convert ASCII to Tilt/Rotate. In which case there must be
separate solenoid drivers somewhere.

The 7475s are 4-bit latches, so maybe it pushes out 4 bits
at a time? But I think there would be enough on there to
do the interfacing, so are you sure it only uses 10 pins on
the DB-25?

Lawrence Wilkinson                                 lawrence at ljw.me.uk
The IBM 360/30 page                       http://www.ljw.me.uk/ibm360