IBM Selectric-based Terminals

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 20:10:35 CST 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Dave Wade <dave.g4ugm at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

That is cool - but requires a host OS that supports 2741 login so you
can then telnet to Herc... does Linux have 2741 support? I have vague
memories of tweaking ?termcap? to support something odd I once shoved
into a serial port - but not 2741 odd!

What would be considerably cooler is if you could dedicate a serial
port to Herc - plug in the 2741; switch it on; get an IBM login prompt
*directly*.

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'