Decisions you regret (classiccmp related)

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Dec 17 10:53:11 CST 2015

The biggest one, which started me down the path of software preservation,
was giving away all the DECtapes that were on UW-Milwaukee's TSS/8 system
to Gary Coleman in Cleveland. I managed to find a box or two that other
people on the system kept, which is where what I have of the TSS/8 sources
came from. Gary told me he gave them to Jeff Russ at Indiana University,
but even after going down there to talk to him I got nowhere finding out
if he had (has?) them. I don't even know if Jeff is still alive, or what
happened to the big stash of 18-bit DEC computers he had.