Decisions you regret

mark at markesystems.com mark at markesystems.com
Thu Dec 17 13:32:32 CST 2015

From: "js at cimmeri.com" <js at cimmeri.com>
Subject: Re: Decisions you regret

> mark at markesystems.com wrote:
>>
>> Yep.  Among the things that I have
>> given away (to Goodwill, or possibly
>> Salvation Army) - all in running
>> condition:
>
> I'm going to go shoot myself now.
> ~~
>
>    I'm curious, why were these given to
> a Goodwill / Salvation Army of all
> places?   These places don't have the
> first clue of what to do with items like
> these.. and they tend to be overwhelmed
> with stuff anyway.   Not everything goes
> out for sale.

My reasons at the time:
- All equipment was pretty much at its minimum value-wise
- It could still be priced relatively highly for tax deduction reasons
- I was very space constrained, and not using it at the time
- I'd just gotten married (see "Spousal unit", in a later post)

None of them good enough in hindsight for the value that equipment would
have now, either to me or others.

Damn - too bad I pawned that old Colt Paterson - I bet it would be worth
something by now...
~~
Mark Moulding