Decisions you regret (classiccmp related)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Dec 18 08:44:03 CST 2015

    > From: Doug Ingraham

    > I regret that when I obtained my Straight 8 system in the early 80's I
    > chose not to take the ASR-35.
    > A glass terminal is not the same experience as a teletype.

Thank goodness for that! I had the 'joy' of using exclusively Teletypes for
the first two years I worked with computers, and I didn't (and still don't)
miss them one bit!

Which is not to say I look down on those who collect/restore them, I
understand they are an important part of the history, and I salute those who
are into them. I'm just saying that, as a user, I was glad to move on!

	Noel