IBM PS/2 Model 70 HARD DRIVE NEEDED

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 14:03:20 CST 2015

On 2015-12-18 12:42 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2015, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
>> kept a LAPTOP IBM with dual floppies and a odd plasma screen all in
>> one IBM computer...
> "Convertable"
> Prior to release,  IBM was filming one or more commercials with a
> Charlie Chaplin look-a-like in a 1957 Chevy ragtop
>
>> and  we have an IBM that  is like  the Compaq Portable and of
> "portable" / 5155
>
>> course a first PC ( where do I get Charlie Chapman look-a-like to
>> have next to it!?)
>
> Otrona!

The screen on the convertable is not plasma, it is a LCD screen and
there where two versions one reflective and the other backlit.  In the
PS/2 days there where suitcase size machines with plasma displays but
they only had a single diskette drive that folded out of the front, one
model is the 8573-P70.  There where 386 and 486 versions of these
machines with microchannel card slots and a SCSI disk.

Paul.