IBM PS/2 Model 70 HARD DRIVE NEEDED

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Dec 18 18:18:03 CST 2015

ok we  have this
 In the PS/2 days there where suitcase size machines with plasma  displays
but they only had a single diskette drive that folded out of the  front,

we also  have  the  dual disc laptop   1st  thing  IBM made  with lcd

then we also have a  one  that is like a suitcase compaq  portable  that
made compaq famous

ok thinks  for  it all being non scsi!

Ed#   _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 12/18/2015 1:15:22 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
ggs at shiresoft.com writes:

>  On Dec 18, 2015, at 12:03 PM, Paul Berger <phb.hfx at gmail.com>  wrote:
>

> The screen on the convertable is not  plasma, it is a LCD screen and
there where two versions one reflective and the  other backlit.  In the PS/2
days there where suitcase size machines with  plasma displays but they only had
a single diskette drive that folded out of  the front, one model is the
8573-P70.  There where 386 and 486 versions  of these machines with
microchannel card slots and a SCSI disk.

Again, no.  They did not ship with a SCSI disk.  They used  the same disks
as were in the model 50 & 70 (which were *not*  SCSI).

A number of us at IBM (who worked on the SCSI cards spock &  tribble) did
fit the card (usually spock because it had 512KB of cache) and an  IBM 320MB
SCSI drive in the P70.  It was *not* a standard (ie orderable)
configuration but at the time created a wicked machine!

TTFN -  Guy