Looking for 3COM 3C905-TX Drivers

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Dec 27 19:27:18 CST 2015

On 12/27/2015 04:44 PM, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> Since I am a real Windows dummy, I hesitate to upgrade to a current
> I7 CPU with SATA hard drives.  Is there any reasonable possibility of
> using an I7 CPU with Win98SE?  Are there still I7 motherboards which
> support at least one floppy at a time - either 3.5" or 5 1/4"
> floppies?  Are there any Video cards available which still support
> FULL  SCREEN mode at 132 columns?  Mainly, I would stay with the 12
> year old system for another 25 years if I had reliable spare parts
> and Netscape 7.2 would still continue to support e-mail with
> newsgroups that are still a small but vital link to other activity
> that I find interesting.  Are there used hardware parts still
> available for a Pentium III system?  I realize that there are no
> guarantees, but where would I find sources for such hardware?

I haven't tried to run Win98SE directly on an I7; at that point, I'm
usually running VirtualBox or another emulator, which allows me to
tailor the (virtual) hardware characteristics to what Windows wants.

Asrock seems to have quite a few motherboards that retain both a legacy
floppy connector as well as an ATA one, in addition to the usual SATA
and USB3 ones.  I've had few problems with their Socket AM3+ boards.
However, only a single floppy drive is supported.

--Chuck