10 forgotten wonders of 1980s homes

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Dec 29 19:15:34 CST 2015

On 12/29/2015 04:58 PM, Ian S. King wrote:

> I do have to say, though, that in the '80s many if not most phones
> had transitioned to touch-tone 'dialing' (what a delightfully archaic
> term!). Nit picked.  -- Ian

It was particularly amusing that in the heart of Silicon Valley in the
1980s, Pacific Telephone still had many of its exchanges outfitted with
crossbar switches--with your shiny new touch-tone telephone, you could
hear the clicks in the background audio as the gear converted the DTMF
to pulses...

--Chuck