10 forgotten wonders of 1980s homes

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 21:44:09 CST 2015

Interesting  just  brought the old magnavox ghetto blaster I had  in the
computer room at computer exchange inc... put 4 cells and a jumper to  start
it in half voltage for a while.... it lives! went to all 8 batteries... it
peels plaster off the walls! but wait i go to the oldies station and  ..
.
Crowded House- Don't Dream Its Over
Pat Benatar - Love is a  Battlefield

2 of the songs I would crank LOUD! Hey had slick  raised tiles... things
sounded real loud in there!
But.... damn these are .... oldies now I remember  when that oldies station
would just mainly play 60's stuff....
Here is someone else's write up on this... for tech  details..
<http://www.vintagevolts.com/the-magnavox-d8443-boombox/>
this thing had set in relatives storage shed for  probably 15 years or
maybe 22 ..... it had need 23 years since I saw it  last....and storage sheds
are damn hot here in az.. it looks good... it plays  good! it plays LOUD good
to have it back!

In a message dated 12/29/2015 12:23:38 P.M. US Mountain Standard Tim,
js at cimmeri.com writes:

On 12/29/2015 2:08 PM, Jules Richardson
wrote:
>  I've wondered occasionally what