Copper (Was: 10 forgotten wonders of 1980s homes

Geoffrey Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 13:47:49 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

> Almost half a century ago, there were attempts to use aluminium instead of
> copper for house wiring.  It did not go well.

No, it didn't! We looked at several old houses back in 2012 before we
bought the house we're in now. Several of these houses were from the late
60's/early 70's and that concern was forefront in my mind with them. They
still sell special outlets and switches compatible with aluminum wiring in
the hardware stores.