3Dprint switches

Vincent Slyngstad vrs at msn.com
Sun Feb 1 12:22:38 CST 2015

From: Jay West: Friday, January 30, 2015 7:14 PM
> I don't recall if this was talked about here before, but I just found these
> via google.
>
> PDP8
> http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:360853

Here are some of my efforts, one of which is based on his:
http://www.so-much-stuff.com/pdp8/cad/3d.php

I've had excellent results ordering from Shapeways.
The switch handles are not cosmetically pleasing when
printed with the usual hobby gear, and the improved
resolution of Shapeways' sintered nylon printer really
helps.  You'll want to seal the result -- the sintered
nylon parts are very porous and magnets for dirt.
Urethane based floor shines are great for this.
The surfactants make it easy to just dip the parts
for a smooth thin coat.  (Twice works for me.)

I also have (offline) minor tweaks to adjust the rest
angle to more perfectly match existing switch handles,
which I still need to have printed and test.  (The ones
there now are fine if you're ordering a whole set.)

(The pictures there are just renders.  Someday I should
add photos of the actual objects.)

    Vince