Friden EC-130 Help

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 23:03:49 CST 2015

Hi Kyle,

While I certainly cannot claim any level of expertise in the matter, I do
happen to have a functional EC-130 here. Or I should say, it was functional
the last time I examined it, which was around one year ago. My machine was,
likely still is, suffering from one malady that yours is not - my keys will
not hold-down during long computations. As you might be aware, the keypad
lock-out feature was implemented due to the fact that a talented keypunch
operator could frequently get 'ahead' of the machine - which would result
in errant output.

Likewise, I have no service documentation for it. But if I can be of any
assistance, so far as providing voltage / resistance / component readings,
I'll try to do my best as time allows.

They are fascinating machines - all the more amazing, considering that they
were almost entirely designed by a single engineer.. save the analog /
display portions, as I understand it.