It's time to restore the 11/45.

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Feb 4 21:02:36 CST 2015

A pretty good dummy load is a globar resistor in a bucket of mineral
oil.  Remember the Heathkit "Cantenna"?  Basically a big carbon
resistor; still made by Kanthal-Globar today.  If you don't need a
non-inductive load, a bunch of plain old wirewound power resistors,
suitably cooled will do.

--Chuck