Incandescent lights [Re: It's time to restore the 11/45.]

Sean Caron scaron at umich.edu
Thu Feb 5 14:55:59 CST 2015

I absolutely hate them. The color temperature of the light they generate is
dreadful... harsh; the increase in lifetime over incandescents is nothing
near what is claimed; they are full of mercury and I find they are prone to
breakage where the tube meets the ballast when screwing or unscrewing them
in a socket. When I bought my home, I replaced every single one I found
with a good ole 60 watt GE Soft White. I will be hoarding big time when
they try to finally kill them off for good.

Best,

Sean