LED/Incandescent lights

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Feb 6 15:48:25 CST 2015

On Fri, 6 Feb 2015, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I don't think much of Feit in any case. But you do find them in a lot of
> big-box stores.

Well, Costco didn't have any of the LED shop-lights.

But, they did have some [Feit, sorry] LED PAR-38's and BR-30?
BOTH claimed to be suitable for use in recessed ceiling cans!
'course somewhere in the fine fiche print of the instructions,
it probably mentions that the recessed can must be a certain
specially designed type with x KCFM of forced air cooling,
and inverted every 3 hours?

Both also claimed to be dimmable, (possibly with some very non-standard
form of dimmer circuitry?, or maybe dimmable by placing ND filters in
front of it?)
The PAR38s claimed to be weatherproof.  But, I seriously doubt that their
definition of "weather" is one applicable to Oregon.