Radio Shack

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Feb 7 14:29:49 CST 2015

On 02/07/2015 11:45 AM, Jules Richardson wrote:

> They didn't have a 7809 regulator, which is what I actually went there
> for on the offchance they had one...

I'd be surprised if they did, even in the old days.  How much call is
there for a 9 volt positive linear regulator?

> but there were enough probably-useful-at-some-future-date bits and
> pieces that I'll go back in a few weeks to see if it's worth loading
> up on stuff. The guy behind the counter said 6-8 weeks before they
> close the doors for good - although component prices might not be
> dropped much below the 25% off that they're currently at (I should
> have asked where the unsold stock was going).

One of the bargains, if you can use it, is the wire-wrap tool about the
size of a large jeweler's screwdriver.  An end cap pops off to reveal an
AWG 30 wire stripper.  I think I found one at about $7.00 there.

Compare that with the cost of an OK or Vector WW tool.

--Chuck