RadioShack Store Closure List

Zane Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Feb 10 10:00:38 CST 2015

On Feb 9, 2015, at 11:00 PM, Jim Brain <brain at jbrain.com> wrote:

> I know, that sounds horrid, but I shed my tear for RS back in the early 90's when the sales critter didn't know what a 36 pin ribbon cable or IDC Centronics 36 connector (parport) was (they had both), but was all too eager to sell me some batteries.
>
> Jim

I still remember my shock when I found a wire-wrap tool at the Rat Shack at the big area mall, in 2000.  I'd been looking for one for a couple years.

I needed some parts recently.  Their selection of Resistors was horrible, and this was at the best remaining Rat Shack in the area.  Their prices were even worse.  We used to have a store called Norvac in the area, but they went out of business, and the place that went in near where they used to be seems more interested in Arduino's.

I really hate having to order parts.

Zane