Enormous Early Books/Docs/Software Collection available for the asking - FFS

steve shumaker shumaker at att.net
Sat Feb 14 14:32:43 CST 2015

Finally, after 16 months of effort, Barry Dobyns' collection of early
manuals, books and software is fully cataloged and available on a FREE
for SHIPPING basis to the classic list group.  Barry is a reader here
and you are welcome to query him directly on how this all came to be but
rest assured that this offering is under his direction and with his
approval!  Al Kossow has also been involved from the beginning and  has
reviewed and selected the materials he wanted for CHM.

There are over 4000 individual items described in an Excel spreadsheet
organized in two worksheets, one is generic and the second is
exclusively media without supporting documentation.  To support the
...eclectic tastes of this group, I've also posted  the collection
catalog as PDF files and as tab delimited text files.  If someone wants
it in a different format, let me know.  The files are located at
www.classiccmp.org  (thanks Jay!)  and the link is posted below.

The descriptions are fairly detailed, with an eye towards their
usability and/or collectible value.  In particular, media descriptions
contain ALL writing present on the labels.  None of the media was
mounted for a content review or a readability test so the label is all I
know.

Anything not finding a new home will probably go to the recycler at the
end of this.

OK.  the conditions to make this work without flooding the list:

1.  This has been a major effort to help Barry and this stuff is NOT
being offered for sale  but I do expect reimbursement for shipping from
95006. (If your conscious bothers you and you just have to pay for
something, I'll donate anything I get to a local cat rescue outfit.)
2.  Tell me what you want using the "seq #" that is the leftmost column
for each item.  That will stay static if I update the list of items.
3.  Send me an email OFFLIST using   sjshumaker at att.net.   Note that is
different than what I'm using here.  If I get more than one request for
an item, it simply goes to the first person to ask based on email time
stamp.
4.  I will send you a shipping cost.   I can do Paypal at
sjshumaker at att.net,   USPS MO,   or whatever..   ask me in your email.

5.  I have a day job!  I have no idea what sort of response this will
generate so be patient.  I will acknowledge ALL emails.

6.  FWIW, If anyone would like to come take the entire thing, it is 100+
boxes of material located in Boulder Creek, CA.  Bring a box truck!

Here is the link:

http://www.classiccmp.org/sjsclassicdocs

Steve