DEC MKA11 and/or M8261/M8163

Paul Birkel pbirkel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:39:59 CST 2015

Regarding cable coloring, the fact remains that the M8159 Data Buffer has a
J5 Berg connector down over tabs E/F, whereas both the M8158 & M8159 have
their J1/2/3/4 data/address Berg connectors up over tabs A/B/C.  I'd say
that the color-differences happen to be significant in this case, but only
because they happen to align with the location of J5 :->.  Agree that
what's happening, color-wise, over the upper-tabs doesn't _seem_ to be
significant.

Since you've raised the topic of the Box Controllers, I see 16 (or 8
top-over-bottom pairs).  Isn't that enough for 4 MK11 (or MKA11)?

Note that 1170mP_Jul77_text.pdf also includes some additional MKA11
information, and improved diagrams.  Interesting comments regarding initial
consideration of developing a MP based on the 11/34.