Non-512-byte sector drive cloning?

Brad Parker brad at heeltoe.com
Tue Feb 17 10:48:26 CST 2015

On 2/11/15, 4:56 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
> All,
>
> I have the SC-40 home safe and sound.
>
> Before I go ANY further...I want to image the boot/microcode drives
> which aren't 512-byte sectors.  What's the best approach?
>
> My options are a VAX netbooting VMS or netbooting NetBSD (install
> doable for that one.)
>
> Thanks!
I've had very good luck cloning scsi drives with non standard sector
sizes using linux.  I did it all from the command line using the "sg"
device interface.  It does the reads "by hand" so it's a little slow but
it works fine.  I can dig up the command line I used if you need.

I would set up linux box with a good scsi card if I were you.

-brad