HP 21MX Ethernet/SCSI card?

jwsmobile jws at jwsss.com
Wed Feb 18 11:16:21 CST 2015

On 2/18/2015 7:43 AM, Jay West wrote:
> Johannes wrote...
> ----
> I just got HP 2109 E-series which I bought from eBay last week.
> ----
> Congrats! I love those machines :)
>
> ----
> I was planning to make own tape emulator interface for it, but I found
> mystery card from it, and it could solve some of data transfering
> problems...
> Here's pictures of
> it:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_DR111cK6W-M0FPSnR4VmRDR3M/view?usp=sha
> ring
> ----
the Symbios 53C710 near the connector has info that indicates that it
may be an Symbios chip developed for HP for the HP 9000.  So it could be
either a custom instrument card, or it may if you are luck be general
enough to get to any SCSI.

Give these systems use with HP test equipment, I know that such as the
16500B and 16500C have SCSI ports which allow the 16505 access the
analyzer chassis.  This may be a card developed for the 2109 system by
HP for a custom or limited run job.

thanks
Jim