Pascal not considered harmful - was Re: Rich kids are into COBOL

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:26:46 CST 2015

I don't know about on MVS but on VM there is a comprehensive system which is
fully integrated with the editor XEDIT. You do have to create a reference
for each change, but once that's done you can just edit away and the editor
maintains a separate file of changes for that module.

One major problem with the system is that it only works for card images , so
columns 73-80 are used as sequence numbers. When a deck has to be
re-sequenced a kind of madness ensues.

Dave
G4UGM

COBOL