von Neumann documentary clip

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Fri Feb 27 15:15:48 CST 2015

 >> The authors of the articles carefully avoid declarations of ENIAC as
a stored-program machine.

I interpret is differently. What they're doing is observing that "stored
program" then vs. now could mean different things.

and sat back while everyone started calling it the "von Neumann
architecture".

 >> Von Neumann was around the project years before the 46-48
modifications. He produced the Draft Report on the EDVAC - from which
those modifications were conceptually derived - in 1945.

What I meant is he got there after Mauchly & Eckert were already
thinking about such things.