Resurrecting RK05

Rick Bensene rickb at bensene.com
Thu Jan 8 11:29:01 CST 2015

Marc Howard wrote:

> I would definitely replace the foam around the squarish tube that supplies
> air to the pack.  That's the worst place for a foam particle to break off.

Thanks, Marc, for this advice.

I have fabricated a replacement for the foam that provides the coupling between the disk pack and the filtered air source.  The original foam looked OK, but after a closer inspection, it was rather stiff, and probably wouldn't provide a good seal, not to mention the possibility a piece of it flaking off and getting into the clean space.

If the stars align right, I am hoping to be able to get the drive cabled up and give it a try tonight.

I will post and let the list know how things go when I get to this point.

Thanks to all for the comments.

-Rick