Brazilian computer dissected: CP200

drlegendre . drlegendre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 20:38:38 CST 2015

Hi Alex,

Nice site, cool toys!

I don't read Portuguese, but it looks like you +also+ had an SX-64 with a
bad kernal ROM? What's the deal with those, did they use some kind of
inferior part for the SX-64 ROM? It seems like they have a habit of just
going "poof" one day.
controllers
What was your symptom - screen comes up, with the correct color & border -
but no cursor or welcome message? That's what mine did. I also had one of
the two 6522 CIAs go out, which made the floppy unable to read discs. I've
heard that's also a common point of failure in the SX-64.

-Bill