Need AT&T 3B2/300 EPROM images to replace ones missing in my system

Seth Morabito lists at loomcom.com
Sun Jan 11 12:30:29 CST 2015

* On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 09:52:10PM -0800, r.stricklin <bear at typewritten.org> wrote:
> Esteemed listmembers;
>
> I have started working on restoring a 3B2/300, and right away I've
> discovered the probable cause for the machine's catatonic state.
> Three of the system board EPROMs are missing.

Hello Bear,

I'm very actively working on a 3B2 emulator, so tracking down ROMs was
a primary concern for me. Two very generous list members were able to
dump ROMs for me -- they came from a 310 and a 400, respectively.  The
only difference between the 310 and 400 ROMs appears to be the ROM
serial number, which is encoded as a struct at the top of ROM.
Otherwise they're identical.

I sent them to Al Kossow, so I think the ROM images are probably on
Bitsavers now (or will be soon), but I've also create a GitHub project
for them because I wanted to disassemble and study the ROM contents.
That's here:

https://github.com/sethm/3b2_rom

The only WE32100 tools I could find were written in pre-ANSI C and
proved very tedious and difficult to port, so I decided to write my
own very crappy WE32100 disassembler instead. I think it was faster
than trying to get the AT&T tools to compile on my mac! Still, that
means there may well be errors in the disassembly, so keep that in
mind.

None of these ROMs match your numbers, the ones I have are AAYYC,
AAYYD, AAYYE, and AAYYF. These may work for you, it's worth a shot if
you have some D2764A's lying around.

-Seth