Bay Area: IBM 4341 and HP3000

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Jan 13 19:14:40 CST 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 10:42:04PM +0200, Johannes Thelen wrote:
> I think these all Storage Hunters, Storage Wars and other Shit Collectors
> "reality" TV series, is what to blame here: "What is is?" "Looks like old
> door but it is just probably pile of shit!" "Man, you get AT LEAST 5000$
> for it!"

I'm not sure they are to blame, but they are kind of funny :-)

I remember seeing one where one of the buyers I had considered "serious"
up to then, picked up a 24-port 1U switch: "Oh, that's worth $100".  Um.
A 10/100 switch.  And it's not 1999 anymore :-)

I don't know about anyone else, but I think the only use for such a thing,
is, "Throw it at the nearest Politician."

mcl