SimH Help, was Re: Announcing TCP/IP for RSX-11M-PLUS

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Thu Jan 15 22:46:03 CST 2015

On 2015-01-16 05:39, Kyle Owen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>
>> There have been lots of positive comments, and obviously some people have
>> even tested using the software.
>>

> I shall echo the sentiments of others; thanks for releasing this!
>
> So - same as before. Disk image and tape image are available at
>> Madame.Update.UU.SE. Use anonymous ftp.
>> Disk image is also available at ftp://ftp.update.uu.se/pub/pdp11/rsx/tcpip
>> .
>> The disk image is a virtual RL02 disk. Can be used with any emulator, or
>> also directly inside RSX if you have virtual devices available.
>

> Johnny, you mentioned you're running under E11. Has anyone tried it under
> SimH yet? I put together an 11/70 1MB system under the PDP-11 emulator
> (built with Ethernet support under OS X 10.9) and have installed
> RSX-11M-PLUS 4.6. When I was installing, SYSGEN reported 512k of RAM
> instead of 1M, which alarmed me. I went into manual mode and told it
> explicitly 1M. That's been my only hiccup so far, and that's about where
> I'm at. If anyone has any suggestions for a newcomer to RSX, I'd certainly
> appreciate it. I'd be more than willing to write up a tutorial if someone
> can help me the rest of the way.

By the way - as far as newcomers go. I hope you are aware that the full
manual set is available on bitsavers. It's a lot to read, but start with
a few simple manuals like "Introduction to RSX", which is really basic.
And then some manuals about utilities and system management.

Of course, you can also just ask, and I'll try and answer. :-)

	Johnny