FTGH: Pioneer DRM-602X 6-CD changer

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sat Jan 17 15:21:40 CST 2015

On 01/16/2015 12:08 PM, Mouse wrote:
> I have this six-disc CD changer by Pioneer which I do not expect to
> have further use for - or, more precisely, the chance of future use is
> small enough I don't consider it worth the space it takes to store it.

I had a couple of those--I don't remember the brands--both were standard
half-height devices.  One was SCSI, the other ATAPI.  2X devices.
There's very little software out there that knows to take advantage of
the changer feature.

One gave up the ghost with 3 CDs inside--it wasn't simple to get them out.

They eventually joined a bunch of other CD-ROM readers and were recycled
when I went to CD-RW type devices, which were also much faster.

To the best of my recollection, both were purchased via the old OnSale
auction site.

--Chuck