Maxtor XT-2190

David Gesswein djg at pdp8online.com
Sat Jan 17 13:11:52 CST 2015

   Someone was using my MFM reader to read a Maxtor XT-2190 and was having
problems. From the looks of it the heads are out of alignment. Does
anyone know if this drive has a microstep mode like some Seagates have?
I didn't find any mention in the manuals I could find.

Some heads are mostly unreadable, some heads are mostly ok and some
were unreadable on cylinder 0 and on other cylinders the header says they
are one cylinder less than where it stepped to. Some of the other heads headers
said the cylinder is what was expected.