HP tape drive novel repair

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Wed Jan 21 11:29:56 CST 2015

Mike wrote...
----
I'm one of those folks.  I'm more interested in later OS, and HPIB
peripherals are what I worked with on the HP 3000 systems.
----
And therein lies the issue making it a more daunting task. If someone
designs a replacement that is HPIB, the 2000/Access people are left out. If
someone designs a replacement that is for the prior generation (7905, 06,
25M, etc.) then the HP-IB users are left out which makes the target "market"
smaller (in either scenario) and less people contributing to the "kit".
BUT... asking someone to design one that handles BOTH probably makes it a
far more daunting task and thus leaves those with the skillset to do it less
interested!

----
Plus, I wouldn't need a 13037C to control a 7925M.  :-)
----
Mike, I have a spare 13037C or two... come, to the dark side... LOL