RA81 removal

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jan 26 07:50:47 CST 2015

    > From: Johnny Billquist

    > you then have some additional small locks and tricks if you want to
    > extend them beyond their normal point, as needed if you actually plan
    > to remove them from the slides.

Sorry, I was not clear enough: that is exactly what I want to do - remove
them from their slides (i.e. from the cabinet).

I do know how to do that by taking out the two machine screws in each side
which secure the slides to the disk case.

However, is there some way to remove the drive completely, without doing
that? I.e. a way to separate the slide into two parts, one of which stays
with the cabinet, and one with the disk drive?

	Noel