RA81 removal

Johnny Billquist bqt at update.uu.se
Mon Jan 26 08:14:34 CST 2015

On 2015-01-26 15:11, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Johnny Billquist
>
>      > You are supposed to remove the two tiny screws that holds the slide to
>      > the drive when you remove it.
>
> Yeah, that seems to be the conclusion.
>
> What's odd is that RL0x's use almost identical (maybe they are identical)
> slides, but on the RLOx's, there _is_ (I think) a way to take the drive out
> without undoing screws; there's a little latch at the very front of the
> slide, and it looks like if one trips that latch, the rail along the side of
> the drive case will slide out out of the slides.

If that was the case, then the previous user was sloppy. In addition to
that latch, you are also supposed to screw in four (I think it is)
screws from the rail to the drive there too.

> I wonder why they didn't do that on the RA8x's as well? Maybe because those
> weigh so much more?

They should all be screwed... The latch is just an extra safety feature
of the RL rail since it's so easy for it to come off the rails when the
screws are out...

	Johnny