Destructive Imaging of DECTAPE II Media

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 27 21:04:30 CST 2015

On 2015-Jan-27, at 6:51 PM, Mike Stein wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brent Hilpert" <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca>

Can't tell from that pic - can't see internals.

Pics of the 9830 transport well down the page here:
	http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/e/HP9830/gallery/index.html

Some tech details of use in the 9830:
	http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~hilpert/e/HP9830/hardware.html#tape

although I should correct my earlier statement: the HP uses 2 half-tracks for 1 bits and 0 bits, not data and clock as you indicate for the Burroughs, but they're still very similar, the diff would just be in the electronics.