Tape Drive Capstans

TeoZ teoz at neo.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 18:02:12 CST 2015

I used to think that computer rubber parts had more issues because of old
laser printers being close by releasing ozone (hell on humans and rubber
parts). Once the rollers start getting soft they are junk. Never really had
much of a problem with bad rubber on my tape equipment but I have received a
few old NEC Versa laptops where their rubber pads on the bottom had
literally turned to snot I had to clean out with q-tips.