Linear Power Supply (Conversion Equipment Corp) from a basic four 510

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 10 13:19:31 CDT 2015

> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 11:03:14 +0200
> From: ad at ardiehl.de
> To: General at lnx.armin.d; lnx.armin.d:On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts cctalk at classiccmp.org
> Subject: Linear Power Supply (Conversion Equipment Corp) from a basic four 510
>
> The one from my 510 does not supply the main +5V, all the other voltages
> are present. Does someone have a schematic for that one, would me more
> easy.
> I have uploaded pictures here: http://basicfour.de/mai510-PSU/small/
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Armin

Linear supplies are the easiest to fix. Most of the circuits use 723 that
are straight forward regulators. The MC3302 ( LM339 ) is most likely
an over voltage detector or such.
Get a data sheet for the 723 and I suspect you'll be able to trouble
shoot with just that and no actual schematic. I think places like Jamco
still have these chips.
Locate the one used for the +5 and measure the voltages on
the pins. It will most likely tell you the issue.
Dwight