80s magazines at Huntington Beach, CA estate sale

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Jul 10 21:45:13 CDT 2015

On 2015-Jul-10, at 5:39 PM, jwsmobile wrote:
> On 7/10/2015 5:05 PM, Brendan Shanks wrote:
>>
>> Also there's a Toshiba T1000 and Apple II+ probably still there.
>>
>> http://www.estatesales.net/CA/Huntington-Beach/92646/931308
>>
>> Brendan
> What did you make of the thing on the hand truck?
>
> Gizmo
> http://pictures.estatesales.net/931308/21760158/1.jpg

That's the rear of a 70s colour TV, the stuff on the side looks like either/both convergence control or an early electronic tuning system with individual channel tuning.

Actually, it looks like a Heathkit with the plug-in modules along the rear chassis, the manuals on top look like the right colour with the little title window cut in the cover of Heathkit manuals.

Here we go, compare:
	https://www.flickr.com/photos/34737609@N07/sets/72157613423708701

I think the estate one is an earlier model, probably early 70s, with the flickr-pics one probably a couple years later.