Reproducing old machines with newer technology (Re: PDP-12 at the RICM)

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:09:26 CDT 2015

I rec all being told by an IBM'er that Amdahl had a patent on having a service processor, so IBM paid fees to Amdahl , but on investigation it looks like they had several:-

http://patents.justia.com/assignee/amdahl-corporation?page=4

I also believe that Amdahl paid IBM for the use of the patents on Virtual memory. I wonder who paid most....
.. and perhaps this explains why IBM mid-range boxes did not have service processors...

Dave
G4UGM