VCF Midwest 10

Jason T silent700 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 21:27:54 CDT 2015

A few notes regarding the upcoming 10th incarnation of the Midwest's
finest retro technology/hacker/pizza con:

- The dates are August 29th and 30th, with early load-in and dinner on
the night of the 28th.  Can't mention that enough.

- Table registration has closed (Check out our exhibitor list at
http://vcfmw.org/ex.html)!  We have however rented an extra room which
will be used for "overflow" and late-comers.  Unlike the main hall, it
will not be assigned spaces.  If you'd like to show or sell, come
early and grab what space is left.

- There is - I've been told - a free shuttle from O'Hare airport
(KORD) to the hotel.  Look for the Holiday Inn bus where the hotel
transport congregates.  Could be the tipping point that brings in one
or two more out-of-towners!

- If you are making the trip and have not yet made your hotel
reservation, please do so now!  Our pre-arranged block (linked at
vcfmw.org) closes on the 31st.  As of this Monday, there were seven
block-rate rooms remaining.

- There is still room on the schedule for speakers
(http://vcfmw.org/pres.html).  If enjoy addressing groups of nerds and
can put together 30 or so minutes on a relevant topic, please let me
know.

- Seriously, look at this stuff:  http://loumalnatis.com.  People come
to Chicago just to eat there.  You can do that and hang out with us.

I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who is coming out - from near or
far - and making the show what it is.  It's your demos, expertise,
unique stories and experiences and clever projects that make it all
worthwhile.  Without you, we'd be a few guys hanging out for an
afternoon in a hotel and talking about old computers before going out
for pizza.  But thanks to you, we're over 100 people, and we spend a
whole weekend on it.

See you in August,

-j