Dumping Intel 43201 microcode ROM

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Thu Jul 23 20:25:40 CDT 2015

Eric, a friend pointed me to your inspiring ClassicCMP post about
getting your 432 online.  The photos of your home-made QUIP socket were
really cool.

I reached out today because I've been wanting to hack on a 432 emulator
for some years, ever since I found some contemporary textbooks about the
architecture.  Unfortunately, object code in good condition is very hard
to find.

I've been working on some floppy images, but they were taken using a
non-MDS floppy drive from very poor quality media.  Progress is slow.

I was wondering if I could have a copy of your microcode dump.  I
realize, being microcode, it is not object code in the most meaningful
sense of the word, but it's a lot more than I've been able to locate so far.