First Computer Store

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Fri Jul 24 11:23:32 CDT 2015

be interesting  to  see a list  of the  first   10  shops?
is there any chronology out there?
Ed#  wwww.smecc.org

In a message dated 7/24/2015 8:38:23 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
billdegnan at gmail.com writes:

I have  some slides of the IBM Customer Center from 1980, recently
scanned and I  need to put them online.  Yes, you could buy things like
system 36/38,  Displaywriters, typewriters, printers, etc.  Just before
the IBM  PC.  By 1980 the portable 5100 was not present, but I am sure
you  could buy a 5100 from a customer center in 1975.  Good point.   I
think the original poster was referring to one of the  first
independent microcomputer stores.  There is a huge bias  assumption
towards "first [micro]computer" whatever, conveniently ignoring  the
huge volume of mini and mainframes sold at the same time.

--
Bill
vintagecomputer.net