Equipment available (Wichita, Ks)

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Tue Jul 28 20:05:49 CDT 2015

On 07/28/2015 12:34 PM, Shaun Halstead wrote:
> Still cleaning the shop, trying to be out by the end of the week-ish.  We have the following
> equipment available:
>
> TU-80 family tape drive, in frame.  Works, passes diagnostics.  Make offer.  Photos:
> http://microfilmks.com/LMSI/

Hmm, that's a CDC / Laser Magnetic Storage 92185 drive,
right? Looks like it probably has the buffered Pertec
interface, from the two connectors on the back.  I've been
looking for a 92185 with the SCSI interface (or just the
SCSI interface board to plug into a generic 92185).

(I have 2 working 92185s with the Pertec interface, and I
kludged-up a board that will read my archival tapes, but it
would be nice to have one that makes a more direct connection.)

Jon