H960 blank panel clips

Jerry Wright g-wright at att.net
Tue Jul 28 23:44:07 CDT 2015

my take on these would be make them out of soft metal,(Al) thread the post holes and use a threaded post with a 
recess for either a "O" ring or tubing to hold the panel.

- Jerry


     On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 7:47 PM, "steven at malikoff.com" <steven at malikoff.com> wrote:

 I think there are other ways to produce this than a one-piece molding, if the aforementioned RC balljoints aren't suitable replacements.
I'd take some nylon, acetal, HDPE etc. threaded bar stock (plenty on eBay) and make a form tool for the ball and post combined, then knock them
out on a lathe. Tap the block for the thread. The most time-consuming part in this would be the form tool profiling, but being soft material
you could get away without the need of grinding a HSS toolbit.
I've got some nylon bolts and my trusty Unimat lathe so I may give it a go to see if it works.


---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Re: H960 blank panel clips
From:    "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>
Date:    Wed, July 29, 2015 7:30 am
To:      General at classiccmp.org
        "On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>

> On 07/28/2015 01:01 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>>      > From: Chuck Guzis
>>      > Does anyone have a photo or mechanical drawing of one of these things?
>> There are several kinds. These:
>>    http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/tech/pdp11/jpg/H960FrontPanelClips.jpg
> The balls remind me of rod-end linkage stuff (this for the RC hobbyists):
> http://www.amain.com/rc-helicopters/sab-m2-steel-ball-linkage-5-sabh0538-s/p427854?gclid=CNLUkYLh_sYCFY9gfgodR-APCQ
> But I don't have any idea of size.  But a good engineering findings
> catalog might turn up something closer.
> --Chuck


More information about the cctalk mailing list