H960 blank panel clips

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Jul 29 09:16:46 CDT 2015

On Wed, 29 Jul 2015, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:

> From: Pete Turnbull: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 2:57 AM
>> On 29/07/2015 07:24, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
>>> I've placed a new design at:
>>> http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/3D/rack-bracket/bracket-new.jpg
>>
>> That looks pretty good to me, and the only refinements I'd suggest are
>> these:
>>
>> Firstly, to add a small fillet to the junction of post and flat surface, so
>> that there's a small radius, perhaps 0.5mm - 1.0mm, at the transition.  The
>> sharp transition will concentrate any stress, and a radius will reduce
>> that.  I'm not sure how much difference it makes for a 3D-printed object
>> but it would be significant for injection moulding.
>
> Are you referring to the junction of the post and the block?  That would be
> easy enough to do (though tedious in SketchUp).

...which is why SketchUp shouldn't be used for CAD work.  If you're using
Windows, I strongly suggest you get DesignSpark Mechanical - it's free to
use and has a work flow very similar to SketchUp.  If you're not using
Windows, give the current release of FreeCAD a shot.

When it comes to CAD work, SketchUp is THE worst choice possible.

You should also do your design work in metric if you expect to be having
parts printed.  Scaling isn't a practical solution because it can
introduce problems depending on the slicer used.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007