Wanted: IBM AS/400 in NY for a film

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Jul 30 11:53:21 CDT 2015

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015, Pontus Pihlgren wrote:
> I think it was someone on this list who told the story of some
> antique furniture that was rented out with a ridicoulously high
> deposit and got it back with bullet holes. Apparently the
> deposit wasn't ridiculous enough with respect to the overall
> budget of the film.

Actually, that problem is more likely to be lack of communication and not
giving a shit.  The people making decisions at the time of filming
("here's what we need to do") might not even know how much the deposit
was (nor care).  The high deposit might convey the need for care to the
people renting it, but that doesn't get through to OTHER people who are
the ones ending up using it.

Hence, set a deposit that is an amount that you would be glad to sell the
item for, and NEVER loan out something that you would not want to part
with.